~ Edie Brickell
- Christy Lenzi
- I write fiction for young adults and am represented by Erin Murphy of Erin Murphy Literary Agency. My debut novel, STONE FIELD, is a re-imaging of Wuthering Heights set during the Civil War. STONE FIELD is slated for publication in Winter 2016 by Roaring Brook Press-Macmillan Publishers.
Yesterday I was told that my middle grade novel excerpt was selected as a runner-up in the 2011 Katherine Paterson Prize and placed first in the Middle Grade category! The prize, named after Newbery Award-winning author Katherine Paterson, was judged this year by National Book Award winner, Kimberly Willis Holt. Holt says this about my excerpt:
The opening of the story manages to show a lot without the reader feeling overburdened. I quickly cared about the main character because of the way she interacted with her brother on page one. And because I cared about her, my heart pounded for her when she was in peril. That's important when trouble comes so early in a story. Some writers expect readers to care just because the main character is in trouble, but you have to care about them first. This writer accomplishes that.
- Adventures in Art
- Alexandria the Great
- carpe diem
- Everything would be splendid if only there were nachos and cake
- Gimme that old time religion
- If this isn't nice I don't know what is
- Mushy Stuff
- People Caught Flying
- They're coming to take me away--haha
- Write on
- Yet another post full of those dad-blamed whippersnappers