People pointing, fingerpainting the world, leaving me the silhouette of my life. And I'm filling in the negative space with positively everything.
~ Edie Brickell

About Me

My Photo
I write fiction for young adults and am represented by Erin Murphy of Erin Murphy Literary Agency. My debut novel, STONE FIELD, is a re-imaging of Wuthering Heights set during the Civil War. STONE FIELD is slated for publication in Winter 2016 by Roaring Brook Press-Macmillan Publishers.

Stone Field in print!

Once a year in the fall, Hunger Mountain Journal of the Arts publishes a print edition which is sent to subscribers and sold in bookstores around the country. This annual issue is also sent for consideration to prestigious awards committees, such as the Pushcart Prize, for literary magazines and short stories.

So you can imagine how happy I was to learn that Stone Field, the excerpt of my YA novel, was selected as one of five Children/YA pieces to be included in the big beautiful print edition! Not only that, two of the other four pieces, both non-fiction, were written by my EMLA sisters, Jennifer Ziegler and Clare Dunkle! I'm so excited and look forward to having this year's edition, Hunger Mountain Managerie, in my hands soon!

4 comments:

Kristin Lenz said...

Congratulations! I was a finalist this year, and especially noticed your name on the list because it's so similar to mine - funny!

Christy Lenzi said...

Ha--I noticed yours too for the same reason and then afterward saw you in Cheryl Klein's blog comments! Are you on Facebook?

angela cerrito said...

Christy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I loved this soooo much - it was so emotional ---you had me going up and down. What a beautiful sense of longing -what a perfect ending. So glad I saw the link on the blue boards!

Christy Lenzi said...

Thank you, Angela--that really means a lot to me. It feels so strange and a little scary to know people out in the world are reading my story. Thank you for the encouragement!

Blog Archive